Thursday, April 10, 2008

big Big BIG announcement!!!


We're getting married!!!!!! Yes, it's true! i feel like the luckiest girl in the world!!!! sorry for those that had to find out via this blog, but it can be kind of expensive to call everyone in the States and tell them, so this may be the best way to spread the big news.  We have a date set; just a warning...it's very soon...April 22nd, 2008.  Yup; it's in about 12 days from now!!  We are soooo excited about this and it's something we've been working on and talking about for the last few weeks. We went to the marriage place in Marseille and they gave us a long list of documents we needed to gather.  Well, it took about 2 weeks to get everything together; it was kind of like a scavenger hunt.  Well, I won't bore you with all those details, but finally we dropped off the papers today and they gave us the date of April 22nd!!!  And Yann's mom and dad are coming from Paimpol to celebrate with us!
To explain further, France requires that the couple marries first in the court and THEN they will able to preform the marriage in a church or other setting after.  In other words, if you go to a minister to marry you here, he would require your official court marriage papers.  So, what we decided is that we will simply do the legal marriage for now, and one year from now we will have the official wedding celebration in Sarasota, Florida.  That way we won't be rushed to plan the wedding and also it will give enough time for relatives and friends to attend.  
On the date of our wedding we will got to the court at 2:30pm and we have to bring two witnesses.  We are going to ask Yann's best friend, JC, to come and and Yann's parents.  The whole thing is only about 15 minutes long.  It's on a Tuesday, so maybe will will go out for some drinks with friends after to celebrate, and then have a bigger party on that weekend.  We will surely be celebrating big time when my parents are here in May, as we are all going up to Paimpol to hang out with Yann's family.  
I really have met the love of my whole life.  We couldn't be more happy about spending the rest of our lives together.  Yann is my best friend and the man I love very deeply.  I feel honored to be marrying him and I feel very blessed that I have found true love.  Although we've been dating for only 6 months, we are both completely and totally sure that we have found the one!!! and we are so ready to begin our lives together as a family.  I have never met someone who makes me laugh so hard, who takes such good care of me, who listens to me and comforts me, and who loves me, who is the most handsome man in the world, and is truly perfect for me. So, even though we're far apart, I hope you will toast to Yann and I for our marriage on April 22nd!  
PS: My new name is going to be Heather Gehan!!! (Sounds like: 'J-own')

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Congratulations Heather!! I am soo happy and so excited for you! You're right, he is very handsome and I'm sure he's a wonderful guy! Can't wait for the Sarasota wedding! :) Michael and I are still loving Singapore, but the trip is coming to an end and we're looking forward to getting back to Cali! Maybe someday we can plan a trip to France for a visit!
Love, Jenna

Lauren Hildreth said...

Heather, that is so wonderful! Best wishes to you and best of luck in your new life... I've been meaning to e-mail you and say 'hi' at some point. I am so excited for you and Yann! It sounds like you are doing amazingly well, and I hope that continues for a long time to come... Take care!

Love,
Lauren

p.s. I miss my Williams-Sonoma buddy!!!!! I was in there over my Spring Break, and I was really sad that I you weren't there to catch up with... :)

emily said...

Congratulations Heather!

Nan said...

heather that is fantastic! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to meet the lucky man...Kate says he is great for you. I love you and lets set up a day and time when we can talk on the phone for sure! We have a lot of catching up. Adrielle just gave you a high fivers!

Karen said...

Tomorrow is the big day.... Congratulations and best wishes to both of you! I have sent you a card, and am hoping that the address I got this time works better than the California address did.

The blog is great fun to read. What a grand adventure. I am happy for you, and pleased to see you so happy!

Love,

Karen

Kalin E. said...

Today was the day! The 22nd! Happy Wedding Day, call me when ever you can and fill me in on the details! xoxoxo kk
CONGRATS!