Sunday, September 14, 2008

bloggie makeover


Hey there!  Do you like my new blog facelift?  You can't know how many frustrating hours I spent trying to figure out this simple problem of putting up a pic that I took for a blog header.  Woah.  Computers can be so infuriating, and once I began trying I couldn't walk away until I had accomplished this.  So, I learned something new about blog design!  

And now for our surprise announcement!  ...Allow me to introduce...MOPSY!... 
 We got a kitten!  So, here she is, in all her cuteness.  She is so fierce...she will go from 0-100 mph in seconds.  She is really strong and uses her tiny claws to climb everywhere.  (Including our flesh! Ouch!)  We drove out to the country and picked her up from this crazy cat woman type, who had about 4 huge dogs and millions of little kittens running around.  She came with some fleas and was a little dirty as she was living outside.  But 2 weeks later and she is all spiffed up and looks adorable.  She's gaining weight and growing so fast; she eats like a horse and meows so loud when she is hungry it must wake the neighbors up.

Good News for me:  I FINALLY got my work visa and I am so happy!! I have never been so ready to go to work in my life.  It is really a privilege to work and have a job, I've realized.  When it's taken away from you, then you see how important it is.  Homegirl's gotta make some dough for this family!  So, I began the job search in earnest today and I had an interview that went very well.  In fact, I got an offer, however, I want to weigh out some other options coming my way this week.  Choices are never a bad thing, right?  So, keep your fingers crossed for me and we'll see...

You take care now and we'll see you real soon!  (Hopefully with some good job news!)



































Here Yann is being a serious puzzle master.  
We got so into doing this puzzle that we were having visions of black and white puzzle pieces floating around the room.  I hadn't done a puzzle for years; let alone an 1,000 piece puzzle.  We got it at the thrift store and we found it was only missing one white piece. woo-hoo for us...we have patience!







No comments: