Monday, February 16, 2009

Movin`on

So, I am happy to announce that we are moving from Marseille! And into the coolest apartment EVER! It is a like 400 year old building with stone walls and a huge ancient fireplace. It has these massive wood beams too, for structure. It feels like a medieval castle, only in miniature. It is located in this teeny, tiny old village called Ventabren, which is a 10 minute drive from the city center of Aix en Provence.

We knew we wanted to move out of Marseille for a while now, but we had to search for just the perfect place and when I saw this apartment on the web site, I knew we had to have it! It`s actually pretty difficult to find these old, old houses and apartments in these French villages. The people living there have lived there maybe all their lives and own the building, so many times these apartments are hard to find. It is totally charming and the whole change will be great for us. A much needed change!

I have to be frank here, people. I really dislike living in Marseille. I haven`t really written too much about that on my blog, because I don`t want to be too negative. But, now that I am leaving here, I feel so relieved and happy! No more traffic! No more ambulance sirens and stinky city pollution! No more parking headaches! No more grocery shopping at horrible, massive stores!! No more work! (for the moment) No more punk ass teenagers asking me for money! Loves it!!!! PS-We got our brand new car KEYED yesterday. See, many people here are just `not dealing with a full deck`, if you know what I mean. People here have some majah attitude and quite honestly I greatly dislike the Marseille mentality. You could even say I hate it. There I said it! I vented!

Now on to happier thoughts! So, our view from the top of this little village is beautiful. We can see all the Provence valley, from all the windows in the apartment. We can see farms and vineyards and swimming pools. And there is this ancient church right outside our front door; the bells chiming on every hour during the day. It is totally tranquil and peaceful and I can`t wait to take some photos and post them.

We have two sets of guest coming to visit! In the beginning of May my best friend, Stephanie is coming with her boyfriend and then in late May my parents are coming. They came last year for 2 weeks and we had an amazing time, so I am planning some trips for when they arrive. It`s going to be a great spring and summer!

Also, we won`t have internet in our new place for at least 10 days, so don`t expect any new, exciting blog entries!

Next time I write, I will be coming at you France countryside style!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

can't wait to see pictures, it sounds amazing. i will live vicariously through you.
did not know your hatred for marseille, glad you get to leave there.

Unknown said...

Hey sweet Wifey,
I'm glad too that we left that crazy city, i was over turning into a horrible fury beast everytime i got into my car! You guys can't imagine how agressed you feel in Marseille as soon as you come out of your home.
Anyway, just to say that on wikipedia they give the building of the village in the years 920!
For those who can't wait for the pics here is the site of the village:
www.ventabren.fr
In french of course!! Good for practicing Debbie!
Xoxoxo
Yann