Saturday, March 7, 2009

Our new `hood

post box
How cute is that mailbox? How much do I want to take it in the middle of the night and bring it back to the States with me when we move?! No, that would be wrong of me! It just fits perfectly here, in front of my neighbour`s house, because it`s been there for probably the last 40 years. I can just appreciate it`s vintage-ness everyday when I walk by!


church
This pic is of the old church right in the village square. In fact, I never need to wear a watch again because if I need to know the time, I just can pop my head out f our bedroom window and see it! They still have Sunday mass here and of course the bells still chime every hour and half hour from 8am to about 10pm. And these chimes are not from any musical recording; they are the real thing and after 2 weeks here, they still scare the hell out of Mopsy cat everytime they dong. It`s so funny watching her freak out about the noise!


alley
Here is the little alley way that goes to our place. No cars can drive on these little Impassee`s; Most of the village just parks in a parking lot and walks to their houses. There is a sign hanging there, it`s for the restaurant in our village, called La Table de Ventabren. I think they are opening soon, because the village is quiet during the winter and it is closed. I can`t wait to try their food; I`m hoping it`s good, because it is only about a 15 second walk from our apartment! There is only this one restaurant, a real estate office, and a bed & breakfast up here. No other commercial businesses are in the village, but you can drive down just 5 minutes to the boulangerie and grocery store. In fact, Yann just got back from the store, because he`s making crepes and he needed chocolate and whipped cream! Yum!



vista
Here is the view from the parking lot for the village. It`s nice because after you park and walk to your place you can enjoy this pretty view on the way! The rest of the pics are just random from around Ventabren. Enjoy! I will take more on Monday and post some of the apartment, too. Have a great weekend!


trois siecles



IMG_3691

IMG_3645

No comments: