Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I might have to change the name of this blog

Well, hello! Welcome back. :) So, things are pretty good here because in just a few short days, 3 to be exact, my oldest, best friend, Stephanie and her handsome fella are coming to visit us here in France! I am just so thrilled to be able to show them around here and give them a look into my life for the past year plus. I think we will really be able to show them a good time and make it worth their long voyage. We have a couple days planned for going to Barcelona, which none of us have ever been to, so that is exciting. Also, just a few days after they head home, my parents are coming for a two week visit. Last year when they came we rented a big car and did a lot of road tripping all around France. So, this year in the spirit of saving money and gas, we are sticking much closer to home, in the South of France. I think we're going to stay in a gite, or B&B for a couple nights in the South Alps. We'll take a couple nice day trips too, to St. Tropez and some other beautiful little ancient villages. My parents love to hike as much as possible when they go on vacation, hence why I never visited any large cities on any vacation as a child. I still have yet to see my nation's capitol or Boston! They are super excited to come and I just can't wait to have momma's home cookin' brought Trans-Atlantic. The kitchen is semi-clean and waiting for you, mom!

So, in other big, life changing news, we have an exciting announcement. As if me announcing I was pregnant in last week's post wasn't enough! We are moving back to the States!! (And now you are finally understanding my strange title of this blog entry. See, if we move, I cannot keep my blog title of Ma Vie En Provence, because that would be false advertising and I can't handle any lawsuits at the moment.) So, I have to come up with a new title...any ideas? Seriously!

Yes, we talked long and hard about this one move for a while. We like France to visit for a vacation, but I think for living we just feel it's not for us. That's one of many reasons for the move back home. Other reasons include things like: I'd like to have this baby in a place where the nurse catching it can fully understand what I screaming about (ha, ha) and so that we can both be closer to our families. Actually, we will be moving back to my hometown of Sarasota, Florida. (And no, I'm not renaming this blog to: My Life in Sarasota...ugg) This is a great thing to move back there, and Ill tell you why. First off, my parents live there and second, so do Yann's parents, well, for 6 months out of the year. They very intelligently escape back to North France for the brutal FL summers. We are finally in the home stretch for obtaining Yann's U.S. visa and hopefully he can find a job without too much time passing by. This makes us a little scared of course, to have a baby on the way and to be job hunting in a horrible economy, but I think we won't know until we try. So, we are kind of taking a leap of faith. And it feels weird, as an American, to say I'm a bit nervous about moving back to my own country, but this time I am bringing back with me a couple extra 'souvenirs', so to speak. Baby and husband! But I have all positive thoughts about this move and just pray for us that all falls into place.

I think I will feel a lot happier and more comfortable giving birth in my ol' town, with all the familiar faces I know and love. Plus, then my friends will have no sound excuse not to come visit me in FL. After all, a plane ticket to Florida is a lot cheaper that one to France.

3 comments:

KatieKate said...

sooooo exciting!

So, what kind of jobs will you be looking for when you return?

katsmeow said...

I'm so excited for you both! So much going on. We'll be thrilled to have you back stateside, and you being enciente (I think that's the right word, right?) is just that much more awesome!

Unknown said...

this is incredibly exciting! both for you and the fam, and also very selfishly...because my grandparents are in bradenton and now when i visit them i will have the chance to see you too!
although i must admit i will miss my vicarious vie en provence... :)