Friday, June 12, 2009

bump alert!

So, one week after arriving and besides missing my husband, I am very happy to be here! Already, I've had a full schedule which is a nice shift of gears from my tranquil French lifestyle. I had my first quilting class, in which we are putting together a baby quilt...how fitting! And I picked out all greens and yellows; you'd think since we're having a girl I'd be going for all the girly pinks. But, I think once you see the cuteness of this fabric I picked out, you'll understand. Plus, a girl can't have all pink stuff, right? Way too cliche for this future mama!

Also, I attended the first orientation meeting at our local birthing center. Very interesting and informative and I brought my parents along to get the scoop too. As they are both coming from a medical background, I think they learned a lot and had their eyes opened to the many alternative options to normal hospital birth. I will be hopefully doing all my prenatal visits there as well as my child birth education classes. And if all goes well with this pregnancy and it looks normal and healthy, I think I'm going to try to deliver here at home. The house I grew up in! How amazing would that be?! I'm really hoping it work out, because hospitals scare me! You go there if you are sick and pregnancy is not a sickness, right?

Anyways, I included a picture of my belly dated from today, as requested by Annie. It is me at about 18 weeks and the belly has started to pop. In fact, I had to make a run to Target today to grab some maternity clothes and some skirts with elastic waistbands. Oh, Elastic, I can already see that you and I will be becoming very close friends over the next 5 months! I was just going nuts searching through the closet, trying on everything to see if anything fit me still and nothing was comfortable. So, now I have a few more stretchy things to get me through the next month or two.


bump


Have a great weekend and see you soon!

8 comments:

KatieKate said...

Welcome home! You look fantastic! Target has fantastic maternity wear, that's for sure. I was so thankful for their long shirts!

Unknown said...

you are soooo cute. i love that little belly.
i often look at the maternity section at target and think how cute things are, don't remember them being so cute when i was pregnant.
hope you are able to keep your stylish self feeling cute the whole time, but i think you could wear a nightgown the whole time and be cute still.
can't wait to see the fabric, sounds wonderful. i'm sure you will have the cutest nursery ever, what a blessed little girl this will be.

Nan said...

yesss! you're bumpin' gurl. I am so excited to see you! don't you love elastic? Maternity jeans are amazing. not the ones with the big belly hammock...but the ones with the yoga pants top. amazing. i love you and can't wait to see you! smooches!
nan

Julien said...

Hello !

I am Julien, Yann's cousin from Guadeloupe (The son of Christine, Danielle's little sister). You might never have heard of me !
I am really happy to see that Yann have discovered such a handsome and loving woman like you.

Some day, maybe, I'll have the pleasure to meet you and really discover the person who caught my cousin's heart !

See you,

Julien.

PS : feel free to email me the best way to contact Yann, I would like to give him some news (which I haven't done in years...)
julien.ollivier35@gmail.com
Thanks in advance :)

Julien said...

...
And shame on me, I eventually forgot the most important...

Congratulations for your daughter !

Unknown said...

Heather you look fabulous!

Chris and Ashley said...

I love the belly! I've been following your blog since the begining, but just recently created and acct. so I am now an offical follower!! Can't wait to see you soon! You need to post your due date so I can mark my calendar. Much love! XOXO

Chris and Ashley said...

I just added my name to the "so and so said..." to see if the change stuck and you know it's me not Chris!
XOXO, Ashley