Monday, September 14, 2009

no go on the chi-town trip

Well, Yann & I didn't end up blowin' into the Windy City after all this weekend for my cousin, Kat's wedding. I did wish so bad we could have been there to see her and the family, but I just felt, after talking with my midwife, that it would be best not to do any plane travel at this stage in the pregnancy game. Also, there is that whole Swine Flu thing floating around still and I really didn't want to get that in the airport. It sounded like the wedding and the weather in Chicago was beautiful.

So, here are just some pictures from the last week. Us out on the boat and also Rascal and Mopsy getting to know each other a little better. (Hence, the butt sniffing in the pic).


DSC00979

DSC00982

DSC00986

DSC01000

DSC01002




I'm feeling pretty good, especially after going to see a chiropracter for my lower back ache. I had gotten a expensive massage and it felt good but did not help the situation. Then, at Rosemary birthing center I was advised to go see a Chiro. for some relief. I had always been skeptical about them in general, but I was in pain and open to any suggestions. So, I went and this lady kind of specializes in pregnant women. She cracked me like a nut! My neck, my back in 2 spots, and my spine. Wow, it felt so good and it really helped out in the ache department. So, I have another appointment for Friday. It's been about 2 weeks since Yann arrived and we are happily reunited. It's so nice to have him by my side at the midwife appointments and to feel the baby kick. He has been so great about taking good care of me and doing all my 'heavy-lifting' tasks. Thank God for him; that he is here safe and sound.

So, this is why I love my husband. I made brownies and he doesn't like the crust, so he kept cutting little pieces from the inner part of the pan. I went for a bite yesterday and found this scene:

DSC00990

4 comments:

KatieKate said...

You're gorgeous, woman! So glad you and hubby are catching up. And tell him I eat brownies the same way :)

d'accord

Karen said...

The brownie picture is funny!

Unknown said...

o i love you. you and your pregnant belly. you are so beautiful.
yann looks so happy to be there with you reunited.
chiropractors scare me but i know they help many people and it sounds like it gave you great relief, so that's great and i know that many a potter have to go to chiros.

katsmeow said...

Woman, it's okay that you couldn't make it to Chi-town. The weather and everything was nice and I know you were there in spirit. It's more important that you kept your little bun safe, though. :-) Maybe we can meet for brunch one of these weekends...you, me, Kirk and Yann...