Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tired is the word!

Well, I am just now getting over my yucky head cold. I was sick all last week and was dreading giving it to the baby so, my family suggested I wear a "swine flu" style face mask while I nurse her. Poor baby, she must have been terrified of this strange masked person looking at her! She was really fussy last night and I think it was probably because of the vaccination she got on Friday for Hep B. Yann got less sleep than me, as he was out on the couch with the baby moniter and he kept having to get up and change diapers and comfort her. Man, they aren't kidding when they talk about the lack of sleep a new parent will encounter. We are both wiped out!

But the baby is great; She is growing like a weed! At her doctors appointment we saw she gained a lot of weight. She was 8lbs. 3 oz. two weeks ago and this time she was 9 lbs. 5 oz! So, I guess mom's milk is high in fat content; she is getting this cute rolly polly belly on her. We've started to do a few minutes a day on tummy time and she always gets a very confused look on her face. She has started to coo and little bit and look in our faces more. I feel like she is not such a tiny newborn anymore, but quickly turning into a baby. She is really becoming such fun to be with and also I'm pretty much in love with her. :) Enjoy some pics...We are decorating our little tree today!!


IMG_4780


IMG_4785


IMG_4776









1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm back, so sorry i've missed all these posts. we got our birth announcement in the mail and it's so precious, i stare at it a lot.
she's so awesome heather and i'm so glad everything went well.
lack a sleep is hard, but you kind of settle into it as a norm eventually.