Tuesday, June 3, 2008

update & more pics


I wrote a little about what I've been up to lately under these pics...
















Hi! I'm here in Miami and there is some good news! I went to the French Consul and they granted me the visa that i need to begin the Long Stay process! Yeah! so, i go to pick it up tomorrow at 2:30pm and then once i'm back in France i can use this paper to ask for the Card de Long Sejour. 

And other good news that I forgot to tell....Yann is taking me to BRAZIL for our honeymoon!!!! He has to go there anyway this summer to deal with his visa there (ahh!! what is it with us and visas??) so he thought we could take a vacation too. He is so excited about showing me where he grew up and I'm looking forward to hearing him speaking his Portugese; it's quite hot, let me tell you. So, we are going to be doing a lot of kiteboarding in Brazil...i was doing pretty well at it when i was back in france. I actually got up a few times!  Yann's a good teacher; very patient with his wife.  And today i bought a pair of cute turquoise Crocs and some board shorts for the trip. we leave on June 25 and come back July 8th. 

So, I needed a visa for going to Brazil too!! so, i'll be doing that biz too while i'm here in miami.  miami is so cool! you really feel like you're in Latin America.. the people in stores greet you first in spanish. also, all the signs are in spanish and there is lots of good food and music.  But, i don't think i could ever deal with living here. It's crazy hot here and very humid.

well, that's about it for now. i'll be back in Sarasota in a few days and soon my mom and i will be making a trip up to asheville.  we decided that we are going to sell my cute house up there, because it looks like i won't be living there for a while. i'm sad about selling that house; i lived there during some hard times in my life.  Fixing it up and painting and decorating it made that time a lot happier for me.  I had so much fun making it a cute and comfortable place and now i'll have to say goodbye. but, i have tons of great memories from the 3 years it was mine and i have to remember that it is just a house.  a house only gains meaning from those who live inside it; on its' own it's just a physical thing.  so, i'm sure there are more great houses to be had... 

ok, well, we'll see you soon!




No comments: