Sunday, July 19, 2009

summer days

Excuse my mini absence from the blog world...nothing too terribly exciting has been going on lately, so I didn't want to bore my readers! :) I'm a lady in waiting anyways; waiting for Yann to come here in September, waiting to meet the baby girl I'm working on growing...

So, one thing I have been pretty prolific in is making stuff. Below you will see something I am very excited about: my first little quilt! yea! I have been wanting to learn how to quilt for so long and finally I made it happen by signing up for a class at this amazing local sewing shop. I'm the youngest customer who is into the quilting classes, but I love hanging out with all those cool, old quilter ladies. They remind me of my grandma out in California; they have so much great knowledge of crafting and hand making all kinds of things. My first quilt is not perfect, but I learned the technique anyways and it will be cute for the baby.

Also, I had this adorable fabric for a while and I decided to make a little dress and bloomers for the babe. I actually really like how it turned out and I want to make a few others in different variations. It took a while because I was figuring out how to use my new sewing machine, but after this project I am in love with my machine! It works so well and never causes any trouble...knock on wood!

Also, for those far away that requested some recent pics of me and my growin' belly here they are below. I am about 24 weeks now so I had my mom snap a few pictures in the backyard. I just bought that tank top at Express when I was visiting my good friend, Abby in Orlando. It's not meant to be a maternity shirt, but it does accommodate the bulge quite well, with the side gathering.

Anyway, I am off to North Carolina on Wednesday with the fam for a couple weeks. I will be up there celebrating my b-day and my father's 60th B-day. My aunts and grandma are coming all the way from California and I am so excited to see them!
So, to all my Asheville peeps...call me and let's hang out!

IMG_4035

IMG_4031

IMG_4042

dress2


dress


24 weeks1


24 weeks2


24 weeks

2 comments:

KatieKate said...

Oh, Heather. I absolutely love you. Love your style, love your fabric, love your shirt. Please send me one of everything. Thanks.

katsmeow said...

Heather, you are blooming with that beautiful, inimitable mom-to-be magic. I'm so happy for you! I'm thrilled to hear Yann will here by September. I'll order an extra plate at the reception in case he's able to make it afterall. Love you, love your creativity, love your bohemian soul.