Wednesday, August 5, 2009

26 days!

26 days. That is how many more days I have to wait until I see my husband, Yann. When he comes here on September 1st, it will have been 3 long long months since I've seen him. Let me tell you, I am over this long distance husband thing! Especially being 7 months pregnant, it makes it all the more difficult. I won't have seen him for a whole trimester so I am hoping to shock him (in a good way) when he sees me, with my big belly, which is growing slowly. So, I'm hoping for selfish reasons that August goes by quickly so I can be reunited with my baby's daddy!

And I guess I haven't been so motivated to write on the blog because I feel like I am in this general holding pattern of 'waiting'. Waiting for Yann, for the baby, and to figure out where we should live. I have the following little problem in the back of my head: We are seriously thinking about buying a house here in Sarasota, because the prices are pretty good right now with the market. However, many people are saying that real estate has hit the 'bottom' and the house prices are about to begin to rise again. So, now would be a good time, however, the one we want is on a short sale. I thought a short sale was about the same as a foreclosure, but they are 2 different things and the short sale is the bigger headache to deal with. Sometimes you can put an offer in and have to wait up to 6 weeks to hear back an answer from the bank. Then, sometimes they won't answer at all, if the offer is too low. So, we will see what happens on this one. An investor group came in and bid higher than us, so we just have to wait and see. If we did get the house, it would be an amazing deal.

So, if we don't get the house, we really need to find a rental house or apartment. But we want to be able to rent month-to- month, so that if we do make an offer on a house and it gets accepted, we will be able to get out of an apartment lease. It is so hard to find just a month-to-month lease though! And a furnished one at that, which would be the best. All my stuff is still up in NC in storage.

I feel like I can do nothing about all this now, but as soon as Yann comes, and the baby is almost here, things will get crazy for us very quickly if we have no place to call home! Let's just call this, "the calm before the storm!"

But I am a patient person and can wait. In the mean time, today I sewed a baby sling/wrap thingy. I saw on a web site a wrap called the Sleepy Wrap and it cost about $38.00 plus shipping. Well, I googled the measurements of it and saw that others had recreated it. So, I went to the fabric store and bought 20 dollars worth of nice stretch jersey fabric and made 2! So, for $10 dollars I made this thing and it was 'sew' easy. I am going to give one to my good friend Nan, http://www.ecoculinaire.blogspot.com/ who is preggie now with her second.

We are in the hot, sticky summer doledrums of August here. We were up in Cashiers, NC the other week for my dad's 60th birthday and my 28th. It was so nice to actually feel chilled in the evenings. I love wearing a sweater out to dinner in late July. Thank god for places of refuge from the Florida heat! We had such a great time and my aunts and grandma came out from California to celebrate with us. I also had the chance to go into Asheville a couple times and visit some friends who I hadn't seen for a very long time. I also peeked over the fence at my old house that we sold a year ago. Wow, the current owner is seriously lacking in curb appeal! Basically, we had that house in amazing shape when we sold it and now it looks like a redneck paradise! Oh well for them.

I had a good midwife's appointment yesterday too. All looks pretty good with the little bundle. She is measuring just a little bit smaller than the average for 27 weeks, however I think she just may be a small girl and I think it's ok. But I re-doubled my efforts to chug some whole organic milk everyday and eats lots of good foods, as much as I please! It's going to be hard to go back to 1% milk after she is born. I received a check list of supplies I need to begin to gather for the home birth. So, that is exciting and the midwife will come to our home for our 36 week appointment to make sure she knows exactly where we live and to check out the place. (The 'place' being my parents house. How nice are they to let me use it? Their bathroom is huge and has an amazing large tub, which may come in handy during the whole process!)

ok, well, hope to be back sooner rather than later and have something else of interest for ya!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

O heather, this is such a waiting period for you.
this time next year though so many things will have changed and be so wonderful.
i love reading your thoughts on it all.
I'm praying for that baby and you.
love you.

KatieKate said...

I excited for your hubby to come 'home'! I know you feel like everything is in limbo right now... but it will change and you'll have more direction soon :) Hang in there.

Your parents are saints, by the way :)

Nan said...

heya lady! I am pumped about the sling! So...hang in there! Yann will be there sooo soon! It is fab that you are doing a home birth. I am jealous. Right now some advice...enjoy the time you have to yourself. Go to lots of movies...sleep as much as your big old belly will allow....when Yann comes go on lots of dates! Enjoy these last few moments before your next life phase! xxooo nan

Librarian and Archivist said...

Hi Heather, I've still been checking in on you from time to time. Glad to hear all's well with your little one and exciting times to come!
I'm trying move to New York. Ack!?!