Monday, October 6, 2008

workin' 9 to 5...finally!

Finally, people.  I have gained legal and gainful employment in the country of France! YES! I began training & working last week and now today will be the start of my first full week.  Already on Tuesday I have a full schedule.  What am I doing you ask...I'm teaching English at a language center.  Thank goodness, my TEFL certificate finally is being put to use.  It's very nice to be working again and i think the job will be exciting and challenging.  And different every day.  So, now I will be able to bring home a little 'bacon' too.  Poor Yann has been supporting the both of us (+ kitty!) for months so I feel good about contributing to the household finally!
Go me!

In other news: Have you seen the SNL skit of Tina Fey doing Sarah Palin? If you haven't,  please, please go directly to Youtube and watch it, because it's hilarious and she does maybe the best impersonation ever.  There are several:  There is one with Katie Couric interviewing her, but my fav is the new one mocking the VP Debate.  So cute. 


So, we fired up the heater for the first time of the season yesterday.  Fall is definitely in the air here in Marseille.  Yesterday was a clear and crisp October day, perfect day for getting coffee on Port and relaxing with a book at a table in the sun.  I'm looking forward to beginning the 'layering process' of dressing for Fall.  Leggings, socks, boots, skirts, long sleeve shirts, sweaters, then the coat and finally a scarf.  Summer is almost too easy to dress for. You don't have to put any thought into it; just roll outa bed and thrown on shorts with some kind of tank top and flip-flops...done. In Winter, however, one has to use her brain to put together a cute and functional outfit for braving the elements.  

Anyway, we will be seeing ya real soon, ok?

3 comments:

katsmeow said...

Congrats on the new job, Heather! I'm excited for you. Are you still planning on heading back this way for the holidays?

Anonymous said...

HEATHER! It's Kirschner! Soussou showed me your site and forced me onto Facebook this afternoon after a lunch outside enjoying the last warm days that Boston has to offer. I can't believe your blog--amazing! This is definitely going to be on my favorites list after the Pioneer Woman..you read her too? Congrats on the wedding! I can't wait to meet him and to think the last time I saw you you were working the williams sonoma holiday shift! what a great transition for you! Hope all is well and that we can keep in touch!
XO-K

Stephanie said...

Hey Heathy! Love seeing all your pictures & reading the blog. Sorry I've missed your calls! Did you get my email? Write back when you get this. Love u and miss u!!! ~ Steph