Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Eve

So, here are a few pics of things around the house on Christmas Eve. My mom and I were super busy that day with cooking & cleaning because we were having a big crowd over. In fact, I think it was the biggest crowd to date in our house. We had Yann's parents, my grandpa, the aunts & uncle and my 2 cousins. We were planning on going to the candlelight service at church, but the turkey went into the oven late and that set the schedule of the night back. The night is always ruled by the turkey cooking time. Sometimes, it seems like that is what this holiday is all about...waiting on the damn turkey! But we had a fabulous dinner, compliments to my mom, who was smart and got all the appetizers and cakes done by Morton's Market. Usually, I'm the baker of all desserts but this year was too crazy and I had no time to do that. We had coffee by the fire and opened a few little gifts and that was it. It was a very special Christmas because it was the first Yann & I have spent together and also with both of our families together. Everyone got along great, and the language barrier made for some good laughs. And Yann's parents had a chance to meet my extended family before the wedding ceremony on the 27th of December.










No comments: