Monday, January 5, 2009

Hiking to the Calanques

Yes! Finally, some form of exercise after the excess of the holidays! And, the scenery wasn't too shabby either. It was a cold and clear Marseille afternoon and Malou, Yann, and I took full advantage of the weather and hiked to the Calanque. A Calanque is the name for the rugged coastal lagoons that are all around this area. They are very dramatic and grand and you have to see them in person to appreciate them. It's the most beautiful thing about living in the area.

And it was nice get out in the sunshine before heading back to work today. Uhh..it's soo hard to go back to reality after a 2 week vacation filled with sleeping-in and being lazy. How do you mentally prepare? Well, i tried to go to bed early, but at 1am, I was still wide awake, still suffering from jetlag. So, i hardly slept at all last night, and today I was so out of it with my students. But, luckily, I don't think they even realized, because they too are just coming back from their holiday. In my opinion, the world functions in a haze from January 2nd-6th. But, now I'm home and very satisfied after making green curry for dinner. And yes, I made the curry paste from scratch and yes, it was pretty darn good, if I don't say so myself. And the kitty is over there, crunching on her food. All seems to be falling back into some kind of normalcy.

P.S....Are you still writing 2008 on all your documents, checks, papers, ect. like I am???






No comments: