Thursday, October 29, 2009

Maternity photographs

So, below are some awesome maternity photos my best friend Abby Liga of Liga Photography/Liga District Photography in Orlando, Florida took around September 5th, 2009. I forget exactly how pregnant I was at that point, but today I am much bigger than in these pics! I admire Abby so much as a business woman and as a artist. She has now shot my wedding and also these photos. She began photographing for her high school newspaper at 14 years old. I remember on the weekends she would have to attend the football games, even though she wasn't really into sports, but she had to go "on assignment". I have watched her develop her craft over the many years we've been friends. She never ceases to inspire and amaze me. She is a woman of such stlye; I have never seen the girl in a slouchy outfit. The girl knows how to shop, how to dress, and how to style her subjects in such a way that exudes chicness and sexiness. Somehow, even though the day we shot these pics in my parents backyard, it was a million degrees and I was sweaty, hot, and uncomfortably huge, Abby still made me feel like a beautiful and radiant expecting mother. Abby is always on the move and I admit, I live vicariously through her sometimes. She is always flying out to NYC, Chicago, or some exotic Caribbean island to shoot on location at destination weddings. And I am so excited for her, because this December she is doing a wedding in Scotland!

She has always been there for me, through thick and thin, and this gift she has given me of these photos is really one of my most cherished gifts that I've received for this baby. The cute little pink outfits are adorable, but after she outgrows them, I will still have these special images to remember how I felt and looked while pregnant. So, to Abby: thank you a million times over and I hope to make this up to you someday by making something special for you!! I love you!

And seeing as how my due date was 2 days ago, it looks like I probably won't be pregnant too much longer. In fact, last night I began having subtle contractions and they have been continuing throughout the morning today. I have an accupuncture appointment today with a woman who specializes in gettin' labor going! So, hopefully, we'll have some news for you in the next day or two. We shall see.. I feel so ready to do this labor and to meet our baby girl and hold her in our arms. The excitement and anticipation is a lot of fun, but it's almost show time! Anyways, enjoy the pics!


DSC_1116


DSC_1138

DSC_1170


DSC_1289


DSC_1215


DSC_1262


DSC_1276


collage1


DSC_1467


DSC_1466


DSC_1446


DSC_1403


DSC_1441


DSC_1473


DSC_1559


And my absolute favorite...


DSC_1575

3 comments:

KatieKate said...

sooooooooo lovely
Personally, I love the one of the three of you on the floor :)

Get that baby out here! We're all waiting!

Karen said...

They're beautiful, Heather!

Does she have a name yet?!

Unknown said...

these are amazing, so beautiful and intimate, a treasure forever.
I can't wait to see pictures of her, here's me waiting patiently. i'm so excited!!!
Hope it's going well.